Welcome

Hello there! Thanks for dropping by. Comment on anything that you love, empowers you or makes you smile...

Monday, July 26, 2010

Hearing from missionaries is the BEST.

Here is a tidbit of what my brother wrote me today....

"Thanks for your Email and the Pictures! Lauren, you look REALLY SKINNY! Keep up the work Girl! I need you to make me a Promise, that you Won´t Get Married before you are at least 22 years old." Because there is going to be a lot of ¨Hotties¨ looking for a wife, and by the way I will need to meet your ¨Boyfriend¨ here in the future. You´re going to start college soon, I want to give you a few tips.
  1. Dig in.
  2. Get Organized.
  3. Find the ideal place for you to study.
  4. Go to class.
  5. Become an expert on course requirements and due dates. 
  6. Meet with your professors.
  7. Seek a balance.
  8. Get involved on campus.
  9. Strive for good grades.
  10. Take advantage of the study resources on campus.
  11. Make time for you.
  12. Take responsibility for yourself and your actions.
  13. Make connections with students in your classes.
  14. Don't procrastinate; prioritize your life.
  15. Stay healthy/Eat Right.
  16. Learn to cope with homesickness.
  17. Keep track of your money.
  18. Don't cut corners.
  19. Be prepared to feel overwhelmed.
I hope this helped you some. I look forward to hearing about your college experience.. Write Me.
Love, Jake












Older Brothers are the best.
Why?
Firstly,he genuinely gives compliments. He didn't have to say that I look "skinny", that really made my day!
Secondly, he sincerely cares about meeting my boyfriends.
Thirdly, he doesn't want me to get married young and knows that it's not a smart idea to get married really young.
Lastly, They are just simply amazing.
Xoxo!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I thought I wouldn't get married young... and then I did (I was 19). It just works out when it's supposed to work out :) Have so much fun in your first year of college!