Welcome

Hello there! Thanks for dropping by. Comment on anything that you love, empowers you or makes you smile...

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Car Accident #1

Well, most of the people I have on my blog are family. And tomorrow is my cousin Chase's farewell, so I assume they will all get the low-down about this tomorrow. The bottom line- I got in a car accident today. It was seriously the scariest moment in my entire life. I was making a left turn, I had a green light and I was waiting to turn in. I supposobly assumed there was enough room to squeeze through between two cars, but I was as sure as heck wrong. I couldn't slow down and me and a truck collided. I literally broke down. My body froze. I had no idea what to think. I was one month away from having my liscence a year and I got in a car accident. Great. I pulled to the side of the street and the guy that I hit told me to meet him in the parking lot of Gold's Gym. He seemed extremely upset, which of course everyone got hit would be. But wow, it was scary. The police were called, my parents headed over and we started filling out information with the police officer. In the end, I was not grounded, but I owe my parents 250.00 for damages or I guess they called it a deductible.
Everyone was fine, I was in the van by myself and the truck had a father and a daughter. It was seriously a miracle. I had to take a moment and think to myself, Am I really perfectly fine? Not a scratch on my body..Then we get to the cars..the truck that I hit had 3 0r 4 minor scratches. If you ask me, they were barely noticable. But our van got the raw end of the deal. The front bumper went under his car and was completely torn off. The crazy part was..the turning lights, and the fluids and everything under the front bumper were perfectly in order. The front bumper was just torn off. How lucky I am. Geez. I couldn't stop crying, I was so upset with myself. Was I blind? No, of course not. I am just so happy that I am okay. I am so grateful for my Heavenly Father that was watching over me. Becuase..I know that if he wasn't around then I would have been hurt, killed or the damage of the car would have been a lot worse. I know that for a simple fact. I guess sometimes we are protected for a reason. That is the next thing I have to figure out. Was it just to be..oh we all do dumb mistakes and just no one got hurt? We will see. Alright, I am wrapping this up. I bet you are all wondering how my parents were. Well, they spent half the time trying to get me to stop crying and hypervenalting while the officer was there. I owe my parents 250.00 (half of the 500 dollar deductible) Hey, it could be worse right?

2 comments:

Karlberg Fam said...

you poor thing! i remember my first car accident and i couldn't stop crying either! i'm glad you're okay!

Marie said...

Lauren, I'm just glad that you're okay. It's wonderful that the damage was all things minor, but the most important thing is that everyone came out unharmed. ;D