Welcome

Hello there! Thanks for dropping by. Comment on anything that you love, empowers you or makes you smile...

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Earthquake in Chile: Jake IS SAFE.

I assume all of you are very clear of the Earthquake in Chile that happened around 3 am their time. We're roughly 4 hours apart....

Anyways, my Dad woke me up around 6:45 a.m., trying to have me help him turn on the News. Of course, we have 3 remotes, for various things like our cable, VCR, DVD and Sound System. Anyways, that is besides the fact. I asked him why he HAD to watch the News this early...he woke us all up saying, and 8.8 Earthquake hit Chile! It was so frightening, it scared me half to death.

We had CNN on the ENTIRE day, and that is not an exaggeration. We hadn't heard anything about Jake until 5 pm, it had been 9 hours since we had first heard...

I can't describe how painful my day was..I had never been so nervous in my life. Yes, I "had" faith...but deep down I was scared to death. My parents both said that they had personal conformations that he was safe, but it was still really nerveracking. Things like these always seem like they'll never directly affect you. It just is a whole different ballpark when it is your brother, not just a friend of a friend's cousin, or a neighbor's brother..it's just so insane, because it's my only brother in the crazy mess.

One memory that I will NEVER forget was after we had been watching the News for a little while, my dad thought we should go in the living room and do a family circle kneeling prayer. I can't remember the last time we all met in a circle, on our knees, in deep prayer...We prayed that Jake was protected, the other missionaries' families' are comforted, and just very personal cries of help. It was very powerful and I felt at peace...It really was great.

Around 5:00ish Every LDS Missionary serving in Chile, is accounted for with no injuries. Hearing that, just makes me really know our Father's love and protection for the missionaries.

According to my parent's opinions, they don't think that we will be getting our daily letter from Jake on Monday, I really just hope that we hear from him soon. I know that he is safe, but I begin to wonder, if he has enough food, water, a bed, is he warm, is he on the street? Many of these questions flash through my mind.

Well it's midnight, I've been up since 6, I need to try and sleep.

No comments: