Welcome

Hello there! Thanks for dropping by. Comment on anything that you love, empowers you or makes you smile...

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Gradgeation Day

 Orem High School Graduate 2010
 I did it.
Yes!
It wasn't that I didn't think I wouldn't graduate..
But more of a feeling of  all this hard work is coming to a close.

I was lucky to have my parents, grandparents, my aunts' Rose and Vi, my cousin Carly, my sisters and my best friends Katie and Clarissa Swain, come to my graduation. I am so grateful that they came! It made me realize that I am so fortunate to have such wonderful people in my life. I wish Jake could have been there, but oh well. I'll e-mail him pictures. Haha.

We had a brunch of sorts before I had to go to graduation. We did a barbecue. It was sooo good. I was flodded with 40 homeade potato salad servings and a few hundred slices of lemon bars. Okay, obviously this is an exaggeration. But the food was really to die for.

When we arrived at the Marriot, Brianna, Betsy, Sara and I got a bunch of group shots. It was a lot of fun! Even if we took more than needed. Hahaha.

During the commencement, I thought back to the teachers that opened my mind, taught me everything they  could and most especially Ms. Shaw's amazing math class, that I loved more than any other class. Math made my mind work out..I swear. There were many mornings going in early trying to figure out concepts and Ms. Shaw was completely willing to help me. Even if it took forever for me to catch. I found that is why I love Math. It makes me think, it makes me feel accomplished, it makes me angry when it's mind boggling and the times that I hope that there is extra credit. I'm not sure why I'm confessing my nerdiness, but this is very true. This is one of my best memories of Orem High School..in the academic aspect.

I thought back to all the long years of swimming. The accomplishment that I finally felt I had reached at the end of my senior year. I thought back to all the fun football games that I would be screaming my guts out and having my face dripped in blue and yellow colors from uber screaming. I thought back to all the fun memories that I have shared with other students over the years. I am so lucky to have met such great kids. Oh and most importantly...the game that we won MV in double overtime!!

My emotions are the following....
EXCITED
nervous
surreal 
can't wait!!!!
Ready for Change
freaked out

No comments: