Welcome

Hello there! Thanks for dropping by. Comment on anything that you love, empowers you or makes you smile...

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Bff

Ohh...you know that friend that you can spill your guts to?Makes you feel confident?
Understands you?
Listens and gives great advice?
The one that you miss more than anyone when you go on trips?
Well, my friend is...
Katie Swain.

I just want to dedicate this blog post to her. 

I can't explain the love I have for Katie. I wanted to write this quick blog post before I graduate high school. I can't even explain how hard it is going to be to not have Katie with my at USU in the Fall. It'll be super rough. Whenever I have a problem, I can just run over or call her and say,"Katie, please meet me at the fence, I need some help..." Not only is she there for me for my rough times, but the times that I'm so happy, I might blow up if I don't tell someone. Here are just a few instances that I want to share.....

Back in 8th grade, a "on-the-edge" boy asked me to be his girlfriend. Okay, so it was slightly freaky, but flattering as an eighth grader, I remember this moment perfectly...she was the first one I told. I remember literally flying to her backyard and telling her the news. Of course, we both knew that I wouldn't say "YES", but it was exciting to share that moment with her.

Just this past couple months, when I got accepted to USU and recieved a scholarship there, she was the second person I told.

Best friends are there for you for your all time highs and all time lows. I'm curious why I'm so lucky....
I feel like it's a mutual friendship. We both give a lot to the friendship and we feed off each other's passion, motiviation, talents and skills.


Best friends usually don't get into fights or get angry with each other...I honestly can think of maybe one fight we got in and I think it lasted a few hours and it was over the dumbest littlest thing ever. So ridiculous haha.

She knows me so much better than myself. I have had to ask her numerous times, Katie...you know me better, what should I do in this situation? Or How should I handle this?

I had my 18th Birthday a few weeks ago and she gave me the greatest letter I have ever recieved. I'd like to share a few lines with you...

"Lauren, you are lovely. You are such a beautiful girl inside and out. Your eyes shine and when you smile it makes everyone smile."

"You are kind to everyone and anyone! Your life is full of good."

"Even though you are graduating a year earlier than me, it won't stop us from being best friends. The memories and adventures will continue."

"You are like my Heaven Friend."

 Gosh, could she be any sweeter? My goodness. I'm so lucky to have her! Thanks for making my heart melt and shed a tear. :)

Oh, and I'd love to point out that we have opposite personalities... Have you ever heard of the Hartman personality test? If not, take it! It is right on!


 Take it here: http://www.angelfire.com/ky/kyliew/test.html

Anyhoo....this is Katie:

Reds
Reds want to get things done. They love power and are logic-oriented. They find the quickest way from point A to point B and then go for it. Reds are competitive and they can be critical of others.

Pros
Reds get things done. They don't let feelings or emotions get in the way of their tasks. They are the most productive members of society. They are great communicators and natural leaders. They are good at setting goals and then achieving them.

Cons
Reds can be insensitive and selfish. They can be calculative and manipulative and they always have to be right. 

This is me:

Blues
Blues are the "do-gooders" of society, as Hartman puts it. They are emotional, genuine and honest in their daily lives. Blues are perfectionists and they abide by a strong moral code. They are demanding of themselves and of those around them.

Pros
Blues are fiercely loyal people. They usually have small groups of really close friends, and those friendships last a lifetime. Blues are reliable and dependent and value being appreciated.

Cons
The perfectionist in the blues can get in the way of their lives at times. Their high demands are sometimes unrealistic and annoying to other personality types. Blues are constant worriers. They can also be resentful and unforgiving.

 They are considered COMPLETE opposites! It gives you a bizillion reasons how they clash and so opposite, interesting that we're bffs??


The pictures are our Recent "BEST MEMORY EVER:


 



A dash of memories we have shared:
-Late summer nights jumping on my tramp.
-Swim meets, enough said. :)
-Listening to "SexyBack" or "Hey Soul Sister" in my car.
-Almost getting high on my Black Ice Car Freshner.

-PICKLE SANDWICHES.
-Endless hours shopping.
-Playing True Colors.
-History class in the morning.
-SCERA swim team memories.
-Loving the moments people think we're sisters or twins.
-Talking about boys, life and anything on our mind in my room.
-Watching tons of chick flicks on my bed.
-Laughing and playing Scrabble.
-Joking about our weird "nerdy" skills.
-Music Videos.
-Matching MOO-MOO's.
-FEEDING MILLIE'S CATS.
-Babysitting the Brooks.
-Ditching UVU Classes to shop or watch MONK.
-Friday Pizza day.

Katie Dawn (Dee),
You are the most fabulous friend I could ask for. You are so beautiful!! I look up to you in every way. I cannot wait to room with you next Fall at USU, if it goes as planned. :) I might start a countdown. Thanks for being a great example of the Savior and keeping me on track. Thank you a million times.
Love forever,
Lauren  Leigh

P.S. We totally need to have you come up to USU and come see me once I get up there! :)

"We were going to be sisters in Heaven, but Heavenly Father was afraid that was too much craziness for one family, so he made a deal with us...he said I'm putting you in seperate families but I'll make sure you guys live next door." ~Our theory....

1 comment:

Katie said...

Lauren! You just about made me cry! And since you know me so well, that pretty much takes a lot! Jeez girl!
I can't say everything I want to right now in this post, but let me tell you really quick. You are the BEST human on this planet. Thank you so much. I've never felt better about myself than right now. How did we get so lucky girl?
I know I feel like the most fortunate person to ever live because I have you.
I was actually planning on doing something like this for YOU before the year ends as a sort of "graduation present." So just be expecting a lot more in a few weeks cause I know I didn't even start to scratch the surface here.
Lauren Leigh, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!
-Best Friends For Ever and Ever
-Katie Dawn.